Wednesday, April 24, 2013

BLESSINGS

So, lately I have been thinking about blessings!   And how I manage to miss recognizing so many of them in my every day life.   Not because they are insignificant, but because I am too busy to really even notice them. I was taken back last week when I got a text message from my sister-in-law telling me she just got out of the temple and was praying for Scott and I (and my father-in-law)  L-3 was doing layoffs that day.   The first thought I had was "I have an amazing sister-in-law"  My second thought was "I am a crappy wife! Why haven't I been praying all day too?"  It's like, the blessing of Scott's good job hadn't even phased me that our world could be turned upside down in a middle of seconds.  But!  We were blessed and both Scott and his dad are safe from layoffs for a little while!

Today I just got done reading my AMAZING cousin, Rachel's blog.  If I haven't told you about her, then shame on me!  She is incredible.  This 17 year old girl was diagnosed in inoperable brain cancer back in August of last year.  She is a fighter and one of the most positive people I know.  (http://www.prayersforrachel.com/ if you want to check her out)   My perspective today is to take the time to recognize, appreciate, and thank my father-in-heaven for all the blessings I have in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment